This summer school was started by the Joint Telematics Group (JTG) to cover contemporary research topics in signal processing, telecommunication, and networking for students and young researchers from all over India. The Joint Telematics Group (JTG) of various IITs and IISc, Bangalore was formed in 1997 with the intent of imparting technical knowledge in the field of signal processing, telecommunications, and networking to young engineers, scientists, and teachers from all over India. The JTG holds the National Conference on Communication (NCC) annually across various IITs and IISc. We have previously had seven summer schools in May 2009 , May 2010, May 2011, May 2012, June 2013, June 2014, and July 2015. The Eighth Summer School is sponsored by the IEEE Information Theory Society .
- Concentration Inequalities
- Speaker: B V Rao (Chennai Mathematical Institute)
- Millimeter-Wave systems: theory, systems and algorithms
- Speaker: Upamanyu Madhow (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Polar coding
- Speaker: Erdal Arikan (Bilkent University, Ankara)