NeurIPS 2022 is soon approaching, and this year’s conference will be held in-person and online. The conference will include many of your favorites: the Program track, Datasets & Benchmarks, Workshops, Affinity Workshops, Tutorials, Competitions, and the Expo. We are also adding new components to the conference, including new ways to engage virtually, a new Journal showcase, opportunities to engage with local communities, and more focus on mentorship and inclusion. In designing this year’s conference, our guiding principles were reducing complexity to mitigate possible issues and managing the risk of disruption due to COVID.
In-person conference week (27-3 Dec)
- Expo: The vision of the Expo is to encourage the exchange of best practices between academia, industry, non-profits, and other organizations. New this year, we especially encourage civil-society groups and non-profits to submit proposals for the expo.
- Poster sessions and Keynotes: We have large spaces for posters to create a spacious environment for discussion. There are no virtual poster sessions, as we have found them ineffective for virtual engagement. Instead, authors will submit short videos, and we will curate playlists to encourage discovery. Plenary events from the in-person conference will also be live-streamed.
- Workshops: There are two full days for in-person workshops.
- Early education outreach: We are piloting an engagement with high schools in New Orleans during the week of the conference to engage the local community in AI and scientific exchange.
Virtual conference week (5-9 Dec)
- Tutorials: Tutorials kick off the virtual week and consist of several parallel tutorials held throughout the day.
- Featured paper panels: Selected contributed papers will be discussed in small group panels. These will be held in 2 x 2hr blocks over 3 days, at two distinct time zones to enable wide participation.
- Workshops: There is a full day for fully-virtual workshops held across varying time zones.
- Meetups: NeurIPS organizers will not be managing meetups directly in 2022. Nevertheless, we encourage the community to consider holding meetups in the virtual week. Please let us know if you are planning an event – we are happy to support these events by advertising.