The Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab, Huawei Paris Research Center, located in Boulogne-Billancourt (Paris area), is looking for candidates for a permanent senior research engineer position to work on problems that are at the frontier between information theory, statistical learning and Machine Learning, with application to future wireless communication networks.
- Research and innovation in the area of information theory and its interplay with learning theory and statistics, with application to machine learning and wireless communications.
- Responsible for theory exploration, advanced algorithm design, analysis, and simulation.
- Generation of intellectual property through the patenting of ideas.
- Collaborate with other units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Propose and publish research in major research publications worldwide.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research bodies, business units and government agencies.
- Contribute to the creative and innovative atmosphere in Huawei Research Labs.
Required Degree: Phd Experience : 0–6 years after PhD Level of English : Operational
Candidates must have a solid mathematical background and good publications record in the areas of information theory and statistical learning theory. Knowledge in the area of communication theory and wireless communication is a definite plus. Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple international Huawei research sites.
To apply, please send a complete CV together with a cover letter briefly describing expertise, research interests, and motivation. Applications should be submitted by email and in English to [email protected] and/or [email protected] as soon as possible.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.