There are several open positions for postdoctoral and senior researchers at EURECOM located in the French Riviera.
The selected candidate(s) will conduct fundamental, independent research in the area of goal-oriented semantic communication, covering various aspects and approaches, ranging from information theory to machine learning. Positions are funded by the ERC Consolidator Grant SONATA.
- Very good university degree (PhD/DPhil/Dr.-Ing. – completed or soon to be completed) in electrical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or related engineering or natural sciences.
- Profound knowledge on at least one of the following areas: theoretical foundations of communication and networks, information theory, applied mathematics, theoretical foundations of machine learning, signal processing.
- Strong publication record in top academic journals and venues (e.g., IEEE Transactions, top ML conferences, ACM).
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Organizational talent, excellent communication skills, and team spirit.
Salary and other benefits will be highly competitive, including excellent health insurance.
EURECOM is among the top European Graduate Engineering Schools in information science.
It is located in the heart of the French Riviera, inside the multi-cultural Silicon Valley of Europe (Tech Park Sophia-Antipolis).
English is the official and only language of the University.
How to apply?
Please contact Prof. Marios Kountouris ([email protected]), including a detailed resume, a list of at least 3 references, and a one-page research statement explaining your interests, plans, achievements and why you think these could be a good fit.