We are advertising for a two-year Post-Doc position at King’s College London to work with Prof. Osvaldo Simeone to work on AI for wireless communication systems. The post will be based in the King’s Communications, Learning & Information Processing lab, at the Centre for Telecommunications research within the Department of Engineering. The department is located at the Strand campus of King's, located in the centre of London.
The successful candidates should have a PhD in Electrical Engineering and s/he should meet the following criteria
• Background in communications
• Background in information theory
• Track record of high-quality research publications in peer reviewed conferences and journals.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Professor Osvaldo Simeone via email at [email protected].
There are two positions available – offered on an fixed term contract for 2 years
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Carry out research on information theory, communications, and machine learning
- Write papers and technical reports
- Work with PhD students to fulfill the objectives of the project
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Background in signal processing
2. Background in machine learning
3. Background in information theory
4. Background in communication theory
5. Track record of high-quality research publications in peer reviewed journals
6. Track record of high-quality research publications in international conferences
7. Knowledge of Python
8. Research independence
1. Background in Bayesian learning
2. Knowledge of digital twin systems
The expected start date for this post is 1st January 2023, however this is subject to change.
See https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/055487/Research-Associates for how to apply