There is an opening for a PhD position at EURECOM located in the French Riviera.
The selected candidate will conduct fundamental research in the broad area of advanced technologies of future wireless networks. Topics include:
- Fundamental limitations of networked control systems
- Multi-agent systems
- Game theory for controlled networks
- Feedback channel capacity
- MSc degree completed or toward its completion
- Very strong mathematical background
- Provable knowledge on at least one of the following areas: information theory, computational mathematics, optimal control, Markov decision theory and reinforcement learning will be greatly appreciated
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a group
- Attractive salary
- Employee profit sharing policy (intéressement)
- Company health coverage (mutuelle) with high levels of guarantees for the entire family (60% employer’s participation)
- Annual performance bonus (part variable)
- Restaurant tickets (60% employer’s participation)
- Private retirement scheme (100% employer’s participation)
- Geographical location (Campus Sophia Antipolis (BIOT-Côte d'Azur)
- International and multicultural environment
- Opportunity for ground-breaking research
- Opportunity for collaboration with a world-wide industrial leader in communication technologies
The selected candidate will work within the Communication Systems Department at EURECOM.
EURECOM is among the top-ranked European Graduate Engineering Schools in information and communication technologies with tied connections to top industry labs. It is located in the heart of the French Riviera, inside the multi-cultural Silicon valley of Europe (Technological Park of Sophia-Antipolis).
How to apply:
Please contact Prof. Fotios Stavrou ([email protected]), including a detailed resume, a list of at least two referees, and a one-page research statement advertising yourself, e.g., interests, achievements and why do you think you could be a good fit for this position. The interested candidates are adviced to indicate ``PhD Position'' in the e-mail subject line.
Deadline for applications: December 1st , 2022.
**After the deadline, short listing of the potential candidate will be followed, including interviews soon thereinafter.
Important information regarding the University:
- EURECOM has a dynamic policy in terms of inclusion and quality of life at work. EURECOM is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination
- All our positions are open to people with disabilities. EURECOM has a disability referent to support, advise, organize any adjustments and make positive commitments in favor of a personalized integration
- EURECOM, as part of its gender equality plan, encourages male applications for administrative positions, traditionally held by women, and female applications for research positions, traditionally held by men
- EURECOM carries out positive actions as part of its CSR policy. A CSR referent steers EURECOM's policy in terms of CSR and energetic transition (electric charging stations, solar panels, waste sorting, etc.)
- English is the official and only language of the University