The goal of Simula UiB AS, a research center with strong professional competence in cryptography and information theory, is to increase the security expertise in Norway through research and education. For further details, see https://simula-uib.com/.
As Director of Simula UiB you will have strategic responsibility for Simula UiB and the day-to-day running of the company and to ensure good cooperation internally as well as with other companies in the Simula Group. You will be an important initiator responsible for facilitating world-class research and for delivering research projects. Through your management, you will maintain and further develop a future-oriented, attractive research environment with stable funding. An important leadership task will be to make Simula UiB's role and results visible in public bodies, international research environments and society in general. You will work closely in collaboration with the board and the company's owners.
We are looking for candidates with
- Strategic, professional, and administrative management experience from a research environment or other relevant activity.
- PhD in mathematics, informatics, or other relevant field.
- Experience and competence in establishing networks nationally and internationally.
- Good knowledge of university and research environments.
- Knowledge and experience with management structures and decision-making processes at funding sources such as ministries, research councils, the EU, and other institutions.
Your personal qualities
- Good collaboration skills and experience with relationship building within one's own unit and externally to relevant fora.
- Strategic and targeted.
- Ambitious and with strong execution power.
- Good communication skills.
We offer an informal and inclusive international work environment where master's students, PhD students, postdocs and researchers work closely together in modern office facilities located at Marineholmen in Bergen. Generous support for travel and opportunities to build international networks, through established collaboration with industry. Competitive salary and numerous benefits: access to company cabin at Geilo, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone, and subscription), comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc. Relocation assistance (accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc.). Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority, and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
Application deadline and procedure:
Application deadline is October 4, 2021 and interested candidates can apply at https://bonesvirik.recman.no/job.php?job_id=229981#
Please contact our recruitment partner Bønes Virik AS, Anne S. Posner on +47 906 91 846 if you have any questions about the position. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentlighetsloven) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure. Applicants requesting confidentiality must state this specifically in the application. Applicants will then be notified in advance of publication.
Bønes Virik AS and Simula UiB AS use Semac´s background check as part of the recruitment process.