- Research and innovation in the area of optical fiber communications.
- Responsible for theory exploration, advanced algorithm design, analysis, and simulation.
- Generation of intellectual property through the patenting of ideas.
- Propose and publish research in leading journals and conferences worldwide.
- Collaborate with other units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research bodies, business units and government agencies.
- Contribute to the creative and innovative atmosphere in Huawei Research Labs.
Required Degree: PhD Experience: 0–2 years after PhD Level of English: Operational
Only candidates with a strong background in optical communications and experience in system design, algorithm development, or simulation of fiber optical communication systems will be considered. In addition, the following skills and experiences are highly desirable:
- Solid knowledge of communication theory, digital signal processing, modeling and simulation.
- Experience in the design of coded modulation schemes.
- Proficiency in physical layer algorithm design for coherent optical communication systems.
- Profound understanding of propagation effects and impairment mechanisms in optical fibers.
- Strong mathematical background, for example in algebraic geometry and lattices.
- Familiarity with Matlab, VPI, and other simulation tools.
- Physical layer simulation and modeling (Matlab, C/C++).
- Background in coding and information theory.
- Solid theoretical experience and a good journal publication record in optical communications.
Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple international Huawei research sites.
To apply please send a complete CV, the name of two references and a cover letter briefly explaining your motivation, expertise and research interests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mathematical and Algorithmic Science Lab offers an inspiring, collaborative and international working environment of more than 60 researchers with expertise spanning a broad range of topics including Communication and Networking Science, Artificial Intelligence and Parallel Computing.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.