Mike Luby is CEO, BitRipple, Inc.
focused on large scale data distribution in challenging network conditions
Mike earned a BSc in Applied Math from MIT and a PhD in Theoretical Computer Science from UC Berkeley.
He founded Digital Fountain Inc. in 1999, and served as CTO until acquired by Qualcomm Inc. in 2009.
Awards for his research include
* the IEEE Richard W. Hamming Medal,
* the ACM Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award,
* the ACM Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing,
* the ACM SIGCOMM Test of Time Award,
* the IEEE Eric E. Sumner Communications Theory Award,
* the ACM SIAM Outstanding Paper Prize,
* the UC Berkeley Distinguished Alumni in Computer Science Award,
* the IEEE Information Theory Society Information Theory Paper Award.
He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, and is an IEEE Fellow and an ACM Fellow.
1133 Miller Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94708