2020-2021 IEEE DATA STORAGE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE BEST PAPER AWARD CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Data Storage Technical Committee of the IEEE Communications Society (DSTC) invites you to nominate papers for the 2020-2021 DSTC Best Paper Award and the 2020-2021 DSTC Best Student Paper Award.
The nomination deadline is July 31, 2022.
- The paper must appear in print in a peer-reviewed journal or a peer-reviewed conference proceedings in 2020 or 2021, i.e., from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
- The specific technical content of the nominated paper is expected to have a clear connection to the general theme of data storage. The nominated paper needs to show technical originality and substantial impact or potential impact on the theory and the practice of advanced data storage systems, or on emerging storage paradigms that are gaining technological momentum.
- A paper may be nominated for both awards, but can receive at most one award.
- If awarded to a multi-author paper, each co-author will receive a plaque.
Additional eligibility criterion for the Best Student Paper Award
The first author must be a student during the time the paper is accepted for publication, or a graduate whose paper is submitted for publication within 6 months of their graduation date. The contribution of the first author must exceed 50%.
- Prepare a nomination package that includes the following documents:
- The pdf file for the paper that is being nominated.
- A brief cover letter to explain the significance and contribution of the work, as well as the publication information. For student paper award nominations, please include a statement on the contribution of the student author.
- An optional endorsement letter (e.g., a brief statement on the significance of the work) by a senior person who is not a coauthor. Though not mandatory, this letter is strongly recommended for self-nominated papers. This letter can be included in the same package or sent separately by the endorser.
Please email your nomination to the awards committee co-chairs:
Paul Siegel [email protected]
Cai Kui [email protected]
• Submission deadline: July 31, 2022