Dear ITSoc members and friends,
I'm delighted to announce the following inaugural senior editors and industrial advisory board members for JSAIT, as well as details about our first issue and the website.
Senior Editors: Rich Baraniuk, Giuseppe Caire, Emmanuel Candes, Alex Dimakis, Yonina Eldar, Negar Kiyavash, Rob Nowak, Alon Orlitsky, David Tse, Andreas Winter, Aylin Yener, and Raymond Yeung
Industrial Advisory Board:
- Corinna Cortes (Head of Research at Google New York)
- Merouane Debbah (Director of the Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab at Huawei)
- Gerhard Fettweis (Board member of National Instruments and Digades, Vodafone Chair at TU Dresden)
- Kristen Lauter (Principal Researcher and Research Manager for the Cryptography and Privacy Research Group at Microsoft)
- Nambi Seshadri (former Senior VP and CTO of Broadband and Connectivity group at Broadcom, Professor of Practice at UCSD)
- Nadia Fawaz ( Staff Software Engineer in Artificial Intelligence at LinkedIn )
- Tom Richardson (Vice President of Engineering at Qualcomm)
- Amin Shokrollahi (Co-founder, CEO, and Chairman at Kandou Bus, Professor at EPFL)
First JSAIT Special Issue: The topic of JSAIT's first special issue will be the mathematical foundations of machine learning and its application to broad areas of Information Science. A detailed call for papers will be posted in the next few weeks, with a deadline for submission this fall, and the first issue appearing early 2020.
Website: The link to the JSAIT webpage is here . The call for papers for upcoming issues as well as a call for special issue proposals will be posted there in the next few weeks.
We welcome your suggestions as well as your papers and special issue proposals.
EiC: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory (JSAIT)