- Responsible for theory exploration, advanced algorithm design, analysis, and performance evaluation to meet challenging business requirements.
- Analyze business requirements and follow technology evolutions
- Collaborate with other units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Generation of intellectual property through the patenting of ideas. Propose and publish research in major research publications worldwide.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research bodies, business units and government agencies.
Required Degree : PhD Experience: 0-5 years English : Operational
Candidates must have a strong background in Operations Research in the context on Machine Learning and experience on network related problems. In addition, the following skills and experiences are highly desirable:
- PhD Degree in Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- Solid background on discrete optimization theory, combinatorial optimization and robust methods
- Good knowledge on linear programming (e.g., b&b, pricing, decomposition methods)
- Experience in the design of exact and approximation algorithms to solve network problems.
- Knowledge on optimization under uncertainty (e.g., robust, stochastic programming)
- Familiarity with machine learning methods (supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement)
- Solid experience with optimization tools (CPLEX, Gurobi, Coin-OR, Xpress, Matlab)
- Proficiency with low-level development languages (C/C++).
- Familiarity with machine learning software tools (R, Sage, SciPy, Matlab) will be a plus.
- Solid theoretical experience and a good publication record in operations research.
Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple international Huawei research sites.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
The Huawei France Research Center (FRC) in Paris is responsible for advanced research in the fields of Algorithm and Software design, Aesthetics, MBB & Home device and Parallel Computing, to create and design the innovative technologies and software platforms for our Brand.
To apply please send a complete CV, the names of two references and a cover letter briefly explaining your expertise and research interests. Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected] and [email protected] .