- Research and innovation in the area of optical fiber communication.
- Responsible for theory exploration, advanced algorithm design, analysis, and simulation.
- Generation of intellectual property through the patenting of ideas.
- Collaborate with other units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Propose and publish research in major research publications worldwide.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research bodies, business units and government agencies.
- Contribute to the creative and innovative atmosphere in Huawei Research Labs.
Required Degree : Phd Experience : 0–2 years after PhD Level of English : Operational
Candidates must have a strong background in optical communications and experience in system design, algorithm development, and simulation of fiber optical communication systems. In addition, the following skills and experiences are highly desirable:
- Solid knowledge of communication theory, digital signal processing, modeling and simulation.
- Experience in design of (coded) modulation schemes.
- Proficiency in physical layer algorithm design for (non-)coherent optical communication systems.
- Profound understanding of propagation effects and impairment mechanisms in optical fibers.
- Familiarity with the principle, features, and modeling of optical and electronic devices.
- Familiarity with Matlab, VPI, and other simulation tools.
- Physical layer simulation modeling (Matlab, C/C++).
- Solid background in coding and information theory.
- Solid theoretical experience and a good journal publication record in optical communications.
Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple international Huawei research sites.
To apply, please send a complete CV together with a cover letter briefly describing expertise, research interests, and motivation. Applications should be submitted by email and in English to [email protected] as soon as possible and no later than November 20th, 2016.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
The Huawei France Research Center (FRC) in Paris is responsible for advanced research in the fields of Algorithm and Software design, Aesthetics, MBB & Home device and Parallel Computing, to create and design the innovative technologies and software platforms for our Brand.