Applications are invited for a newly established Professorship in Information Theory and Communications at the University of Cambridge. Candidates will be considered for the Professorship on the basis of the following selection criteria, which they should address in their application.
- An outstanding research record of international stature in the field of Information Theory, particularly as applied in the Communications area.
- The vision, leadership experience and enthusiasm to build on current strengths in maintaining and developing a leading research presence, and an established record in attracting research grant support to further this development.
- The ability to further the academic planning and strategic development of Information Theory and Communications in the University and, where appropriate, to facilitate its development within the UK.
- The ability to manage and interact effectively with staff and students at all levels.
- An enthusiastic commitment to the recruitment, training and mentoring of the next generation of researchers, including undergraduates, research students, and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Candidates will hold a PhD or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
Further details and the online application can be found here .