The goal of the project is to develop information theory/coding theory for communication systems beyond the classic Shannon requirements to improve the efficiency of information transfer for specific applications. For this purpose, a holistic system concept for communication systems should be developed in which basic communication tasks combined with security, privacy protection and stealth requirements are realized by means of coding. In particular, the enormous efficiency gains of the new transmission methods compared to classic requirements of communication should be achieved. Selected tasks will be implemented in a demonstrator, and the performance gains achieved will be experimentally verified.
The successful candidates will use advanced information-theoretic and coding-theoretic tools to design new security and privacy schemes and derive fundamental performance bounds for such schemes applied to future communication models.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Applicants must hold a master's degree or the equivalent in electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, mathematics, or similar/equivalent fields, or must have submitted his/her master's thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the master's degree has been awarded.
- The applicants should have excellent mathematical knowledge of probability theory and linear algebra.
- Solid understanding of information theory and/or algebraic coding theory is a requirement.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner, and demonstrate good collaborative skills.
- an excellent and professionally challenging working environment
- salary at pay grade TVL-E13.
Your application must include:
- a brief summary of your research interests and motivation
- transcripts and diplomas showing completion of the bachelor's and master's degrees, or official confirmation that the master's thesis has been submitted
- relevant certificates/references
- any publications in your name
For further details about the position, please contact Christian Deppe,
phone +49 (89) 289 - 23458, email [email protected]
How to apply
Submit your application via email to [email protected]