The Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab, Huawei Paris Research Center, located in Boulogne-Billancourt (Paris area), is looking for PhD candidates to work in the area at the frontier between information theory and statistics, with application to machine learning and prediction. Topics include:
• Multiterminal statistical theory
• Limits of learning and prediction theory
• Multiterminal data compression and estimation
Required skills and knowledge:
• Solid mathematical background (probability theory, statistics, information theory).
• Experience in the design of neural networks is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• The candidate shall work within the Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab, Huawei Paris Research Center, located in Boulogne-Billancourt (Paris area), in collaboration with the Paris-Est University, France.
• Working language is English.
• Competitive salary and benefits package are offered for the duration of the phd (three years).
To apply, please send a complete CV together with a cover letter briefly describing expertise, research interests, and motivation. Applications should be submitted by email and in English to Prof. Abdellatif Zaidi ([email protected]) as soon as possible and no later than Sep. 2019.