About the Fellowships
The CONEX-Plus programme offers 30 fellowships with a duration of 3 years and a gross annual salary of €41,203.62 in addition to other economic benefits, such as family allowance or research expenses. The fellowships are based on an individual, freely-chosen, research project that will be carried out at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) and a non-academic secondary organization. Each fellow will have two supervisors (one from UC3M and another from the secondary organization) to support their career development. A list of UC3M supervisors can be found on the programme website
The UC3M supervisor will support the fellow to propose and implement a research project.
There are three types of CONEX-Plus fellowships:
- Standard CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain from any other country.
- Career Restart CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain who wish to resume research after a career break.
- Reintegration CONEX-Plus fellowships: open to researchers coming to Spain who wish to return and reintegrate in a research position in Europe.
- be in possession of a Ph.D. degree at the date of the call deadline;
- have not more than 6 years of postdoctoral research experience.
- for the Standard CONEX-Plus fellowships: applicants must not have carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years before the call deadline;
- for the Career Restart CONEX-Plus fellowships: applicants must not have been active in research for at least 12 months prior to the call deadline, and they must not have carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 3 years in the 5 years before the call deadline;
- for the Reintegration CONEX-Plus fellowships: applicants must not have carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 3 years in the 5 years before the call deadline.
For the Reintegration CONEX-Plus fellowships , applicants should be nationals of a European Member State or an Associated State to H2020. For the Standard CONEX-Plus fellowships and the Career Restart CONEX-Plus fellowships , applicants may be of any nationality.
The period for the submission of applications will start on
July 1, 2019
and end on
September 30, 2019 at 13:00 CET
Applications must be submitted through the online application system CONEX-Plus, accessible through the programme website
The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid was founded in 1989 and is one of the top universities in Spain. Its main campuses are located in Getafe and Leganés, which are about 10km south of the center of Madrid.
Further details about the CONEX-Plus programme can be found on the programme website
Interested candidates may contact Tobias Koch (email: [email protected] ), who is one of the UC3M supervisors.