The award committee interprets both “impact” and “non-volatile memories” broadly. To be eligible, work must have appeared in major, peer-reviewed, archival conference of journal (i.e., appeared in an official proceedings or journal publication). For conference papers, the date of the conference will be used to determine eligibility. For journals, we will use publication date. There is no requirement for the work to have been presented at the NVMW. NVMW is the Non-Volatile Memories Workshop .
Anyone may nominate any paper (including self-nominations). Nominations must include a one page nominating statement that includes:
- The name of the nominated paper.
- A citation of the nominated paper (i.e., a bibliography entry).
- A summary of the paper’s contributions and its impact since publication. If the paper has had impact beyond conventional metrics (e.g., citation count), be sure to highlight it.
- A suggested “citation statement” (e.g., “This paper laid the foundation of widget design theory and paved the way for…”) for the award.
- The nominating statement should not include the nominator’s name.
Awarding of the prize is contingent upon one of the authors attending the NVMW 2020 to accept it.
Nominations are due December 1st, 2019 at midnight AoE.
Nominations may be made at the NVMW web site .