Stories to Develop
A list of stories to co-develop for the Newsletter and the Web.
Idea: Early, short version appears on the website; longer version appears in the Newsletter.
Implementation: Create a News, Event, or Page object on the website; freeze it for web publishing, and copy for further Newsletter development.
- ISIT 2009 Awards Announcements
- Blogging (Anand Sarwate, Andrew Eckford)
- Anecdotes (Frank Kschischang)
- Shannon Materials (Emina Soljanin)
- New Directions
- Machine Learning
- Computer Science (Alon Orlitsky, Alex Vardy, Madhu Sudan)
- Industrial Impact
- Digital Fountain (Amin Shokrollahai, Michael Luby)
- Qualcomm/Flarion (Andrew Viterbi, Rajiv Laroija)
- Bell Labs (Gerhard Kramer, Eminia Soljanin, Shlomo Shamai)
- Microsoft (Phil Chou)
- Optical Networking (Muriel Medard)
- IEEE Fellows 2009
- IEEE Awards 2009
- IEEE ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MEDAL to ROBERT J. MCELIECE (LF'IEEE) -
Allen E. Puckett Professor and Professor of Electrical Engineering,
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
- IEEE RICHARD W. HAMMING MEDAL to PETER FRANASZEK (F'IEEE) - IBM
Research, Research Staff Member, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA
- IEEE DONALD G. FINK PRIZE PAPER AWARD (Co-Recipients) to DANIEL J.
COSTELLO (LF'IEEE) and G. DAVID FORNEY, JR. (LF`IEEE) , for their paper
entitled: "Channel Coding: The Road to Channel Capacity", Proceedings
of the IEEE, Vol. 95, No. 6, June 2007, pp. 1150-1117
- IEEE ERIC E. SUMNER AWARD to ROBERTO PADOVANI (F'IEEE) - Executive
Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, QUALCOMM, Incorporated,
San Diego, CA, USA
- How to Contribute (Combined Newsletter, Web, and Mailing List overview)