IT Society BoG Meeting Agenda
Saletta Belvedere room of the Villa Diodoro
(buffet dinner with bountiful wine served starting at 6:30pm)
6:30pm: Dinner Begins
7:00-7:05: Approval of ISIT BoG Meeting Minutes and Meeting Agenda
7:05-7:20: President's Report (Andrea Goldsmith) (Presentation)
- Society update, discussion on officer action to reduce sub-to-pub, BoG committee assignments and society governance, best practices documents for committee chairs. status of Baker prize.
7:20-7:35: Treasurer report (Nihar Jindal):
- Update on society budget, surplus spending opportunities, and 2010 projections.
7:35-7:55: Constitution and Bylaws Subcommitteee Report (Dave Forney)
- Proposed amendments to Bylaws and Constitution
*Vote* on proposed amendments
7:55-8:20: Publications Committee Report (Ezio Biglieri)
- State of Transactions, status of move to MC, best practices document, discussion of AE seniority and approval process.
*Vote* on new AEs
Gerard Cohen, ENST (Coding Theory)
Navin Kashyap, Queens Univ. (Coding Theory)
Jean-Pierre Tillich, INRIA (Coding Theory)
Pascal Vontobel, HP (Coding Techniques)
8:20-8:35: Wine Break
8:35-9:05: Conference Committee Report (Dan Costello)
Reports from meetings:
ISIT 2008 summary and notes (very helpful!)
ISIT 2011 update (Tony Ephremides)
ITW 2010 Cairo budget (*Vote*: BoG approval requested.)
Proposal for ITW 2011 Brazil (Sueli Costa, *Vote*: BoG approval requested.)
Proposals for tech co-sponsorship: (*Vote*: BoG approval requested)
WiOpt 2010 (application)
Discussion item: Purpose of workshops, accessibility, payments to speakers
9:05-9:25: Online Committee Report (Nick Laneman)
- Structure of online committee and responsibilities. Policy for ITSoc website registrants. Planned website updates. Joint newsletter/website initiatives and content generation. Plans for the future.
9:25-9:35: Membership/Chapters Committee report (Giuseppe Caire)
- DL program update, status of student schools.
9:35-9:45: Fellows Committee Report (Dan Costello)
- Committee update, discussion of Fellow nomination process.
9:45-9:55: Student Committee Report (Gerhard Kramer)
- Presentation on the 2009 NA IT school and preparations for 2010.
9:55-10:05: Outreach Committee Report (Muriel Medard)
10:05-10:15: New Business